Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Gritty Reboots: Harvest Moon



Before there was Farmville, there was Harvest Moon, one of my favorite video games of all time.
Part dating-sim, part RPG, Harvest Moon was the perfect title for uncool kids like me who thought completing virtual farm chores sounded fun. I remember playing hours upon hours of this game on Playstation and Gameboy (we didn't have an N64, and I have yet to get a DS).
So, what happens if you take this sweet and simple game and make it... grittier? Find out below.


Oh! And did I mention I play all six of the female characters in this video?






5 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks! There will be more from GB in a week or so! :)

      Delete
  2. You did a great job portraying all the girls differently :)

    I was always a Karen kinda guy :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I feel like you can tell a lot about a person based on their Harvest Moon wife.

      I always went for Ann, but Popuri was a close second.

      Delete
  3. I always went for Popuri and Mary was my close second, but I've been branching out and getting Ann lately. Karen can be a tough cookie, but I love them all! And this video was the best thing to happen to my week as it showed up on my Facebook timeline! Your photo came up when I Googled "Popuri cosplay," and I have to say you're one of the best of the lot! Thanks a heap for this hilarious piece of nostalgia I got to share with my nephew, who is the same age now as I was when I discovered HM.

    ReplyDelete